Effective Date: March 22, 2018
Key Privacy Points
IF YOU HAVE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT:
- Your data is owned by you. Not only that, but Fieldstone treats your data as if it were private (except if you have made parts of your data public). We don’t sell your data to anyone and we don’t use it for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
- We safeguard client information. To make it easier for you and your clients to interact with our services, client information may be shared between multiple service suppliers, in which case Fieldstone acts as a mere custodian of that data. We don’t sell this information and we use it only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
- We hold your data securely. Read our Security Statement for more information.
IF YOU HAVE A CLIENT ACCOUNT:
- What information does Fieldstone collect? When you use Fieldstone, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration information. You need a Fieldstone account before you can user our services. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address. If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), please see “Information from third parties” below.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to Fieldstone, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details. For example, your default timezone and communication preferences (e.g. opting in or out of receiving marketing emails from Fieldstone).
- Client information. We allow you to add and/or import your client information so it can be used in the operations of your business. We use this information to contact your clients on your behalf. This information may also be used by other business account users who service the same client to reduce errors and avoid duplicating the same information in our systems. We may also contact these clients to actively participate, for example, to create their own account for the purposes of updating their information, confirming appointments with your business, etc.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, or participate in a Fieldstone contest.
- We don’t share or abuse your clients’ email addresses. Rest assured, Fieldstone wants all users of our systems to be best served without intrusion of their privacy or annoyance. We definitely don’t sell email addresses to any third parties.Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Fieldstone website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. We may collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us. For example, you may have the option of registering and signing into Fieldstone with your Google account details. If you do this, the authentication of your logon details is handled by Google and we only collect information about your Google account that you expressly agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your Fieldstone account to be linked to your Google account.
- Information from page tags. We may use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by Fieldstone or by users through our services may include page tags that allow the sender to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them. We do this to allow the email sender to measure the performance of their email messaging and to learn how to improve email deliverability and open rates.
- To provide you with our services.
- This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you.
- Certain features of our services use your account information in additional ways. Feature descriptions will clearly identify where this is the case. You can avoid the use of your information in this way by simply choosing not to use such features. For example by using market comparison features to discover how your business performance compares to others on Fieldstone, you also permit us to aggregate your business performance metrics. We may then use and report statistics about the aggregated (and de-identified) data to aide other businesses using the same feature.
- If you choose to link your Fieldstone account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
- In order to provide you with useful options to use the services together with social media and other applications, we may give you the option to export information to, and collect information from, third party applications and websites, including platforms such as Salesforce and Marketo and social networking sites such as Facebook. When exporting and collecting such information, you may be disclosing your information to the individuals or organizations responsible for operating and maintaining such third party applications and sites, and your information may be accessible by others visiting or using those applications or sites. We do not own or operate the applications or websites that you connect with, and you should review the privacy policies and statements of such websites to ensure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use the information you share with them.
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have automated systems that screen content for phishing activities, spam, and fraud.
- To create new services, features or content. We may use your data and metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of your data) for our internal purposes to create and provide new services, features or content. In relation to metadata, we may look at statistics like callback rates, sales rates, and other performance metrics and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes. When we do this, neither individual companies nor clients will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your Fieldstone account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. For example, during the account registration process we will ask for your permission to use your information to contact you for promotional or news purposes. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them, or changing the relevant setting in the application.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To provide you with our services.
- With whom do we share or disclose your information? We don’t sell your data, unless you expressly permit us to!
We may disclose:
- Your email address to your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization, we may disclose that email address to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses Fieldstone, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. (Please do not use a work email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this disclosure.)
- Aggregated or de-identified information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between Fieldstone entities, you expressly consent to Fieldstone transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, Fieldstone will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
- What are your rights to your information? You can:
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your settings page. Information is updated immediately.
- Access and correct your personal information. As an account holder, you may access and correct certain personal information that Fieldstone holds about you by visiting your settings page.
- Download/backup your data. Depending on what subscription plan you have, we provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete your data. Deleting data in our systems may not permanently delete the data immediately. As long as you maintain an account with us, we may retain your deleted data for a limited time in case you delete something by accident and need to restore it. To the extent permitted by law, we will permanently delete your data if you request to cancel your account. However, if your data was previously made available to the public, additional copies of your data may remain available on the Internet even after your account has been deleted.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact customer support. Deleting your account will cause all the data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to any other services that require a Fieldstone account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain as residual copies on offsite backup media for up to approximately 12 months afterward.
- Security. We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, contact customer support.
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in the United States.
- To make our site easier to use. If you use the “Remember me” feature when you sign into your account, we may store your username in a cookie to make it quicker for you to sign in whenever you return to Fieldstone.
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you. We, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we may evaluate which ads are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Online Tracking. We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our websites or use our services.
- Safety of Children and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 13. Fieldstone does not knowingly collect personal data from persons under 13 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from such a person, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact customer support.
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States by Fieldstone Software, LLC.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.